Stories of mermaids have captivated audiences for centuries. Where did the mystery and wonder of mermaids come from? What do mermaids actually mean? These are all fair questions, especially if you’ve seen Disney’s hit movie “The Little Mermaid”. However, the truth about mermaids is not nearly as enchanting as Disney would have us believe. Here are a few things you probably didn’t know about Mermaid Tales Jamberry nail polish.
Mermaids are Real!
No, seriously. Mermaids are real. Well, they’re not actually real, but the legend of mermaids is. And that legend has been around for a while!
Mermaids have been talked about since ancient times and were first mentioned in Homer’s Odyssey. For centuries, people thought that mermaids were just imaginary creatures, but now we know that they are real! The mystery and wonder of mermaids came from the fact that sailors would see dolphins or seals swimming in the water and mistake them for human-like beings with fishtails. This made sense back when sailors didn’t know what dolphins or seals really looked like, but it doesn’t make sense anymore because we all now know that those animals aren’t humans with fishtails.
So where did the idea of them being half-human come from? That story comes from an old Norse legend where a beautiful woman named Hvitfeld was bathing in a lake when she was captured by two dwarves who turned her into a seal (or sometimes said to be a female fisherman). Hvitfeld wanted to get revenge on her captors so she told her husband to kill them as soon as he could before they transformed her again. Her husband got their first chance at night when he heard one of the dwarves snoring loudly enough for him to sneak up on him and kill him with one strike of his sword. When he went to do the same
Mermaid Tales Jamberry Nail Polishes
Mermaid Tales Jamberry nail polishes are a fun, shimmery way to add a little color to your life. Mermaid Tales Jamberry nail polish is available in 6 different shades, perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking to spruce up your mani on a Friday night or you want something to match that new dress you got for Saturday night out with the girls, Mermaid Tales Jamberry nail polish is the perfect addition.
- Mermaid Tales Jamberry Nail Polish is made from all natural ingredients
- The formula of each shade was designed by women and approved by dermatologists
- These glosses go on clear for those who don’t like their nails tinted
- Mermaid Tales Jamberry Nail Polishes come in 6 shades: Flamingo Sunset, Fuchsia Splash, Turquoise Tides, Kiwi Kisses, Pink Lagoon, and Scarlett Sunsets
- Each bottle has 3-4 coats worth of product
- Made in the USA
- Long-lasting wear (up to 5 days!)
- A little goes a long way! One coat can get you through an entire week of work or school!
- Cruelty-free nail polish and vegan-friendly – no animal products used!
Mermaids Have Fins and Tails
Mermaids have one major difference from humans. They have a fish-like tail and fin that extends out of the back of their lower body and is used for swimming.
The image of a mermaid has been around for centuries in just about every culture. The first recorded mermaid sighting was on an ancient Assyrian stone panel from the early 2nd millennium BCE.
There are three main types of mermaid myths:
- stories where they were cursed or turned into animals or sea creatures,
- evil creatures who would lure sailors onto rocks with their enchanting songs,
- beautiful water spirits who could turn into humans to marry mortals.
Mermaids Don’t Live in the Sea
The idea of mermaids living in the sea is probably the most iconic and well-known myth. But even if they did, they would be in trouble. The saltwater would dry out their skin and hair, plus they wouldn’t be able to go up to get air without getting decompressed.
This isn’t such a big secret since people have been debunking the myth for years, but it does shed some light on what Disney has done with the movie “The Little Mermaid”.
Mermaids Mean Trouble
Mermaids are mythical creatures whose origins date back to the Middle Ages. In medieval times, people believed mermaids would lure sailors onto rocks and then kill them. Little Mermaid was one of the first depictions of a mermaid in literature. The tale follows a young girl who longs to explore the human world above sea level, but who is held captive by an evil sea witch.
Mermaids have been used as symbols for femininity and motherhood for centuries. They have also been symbols for sexual temptation, using their alluring voices and beauty to lure men into their watery graves, according to Catholic superstition.
Mermaids Are Beautiful But Also Dangerous
Mermaids have been the subject of many myths and legends. Some say mermaids were half-women, half-fish who could use their fishtails to swim rapidly through the water; others say they were deities who controlled the seas. Mermaids are also symbols of female sexuality, fertility and temptation.
However, these mythical creatures are not as innocent as they seem. They typically lured sailors to their doom by seductively singing a siren song and grabbing them with their long fingernails, or tying them up in seaweed to sink them into the ocean floor. In some myths they even turned the sailors into mermen themselves!
The Truth About Mermaid Tales Jamberry Nail Polishes
- Mermaid tales Jamberry nail polish is made without harmful chemicals.
- Mermaid tales Jamberry nail polish is available in more than 100 different colors that are vegan, gluten-free, and cruelty-free.
- You can choose from a variety of styles including sheer, glitter, matte, and metallic finishes.
- Mermaid tales Jamberry nail polish applies like a dream and lasts for weeks (and sometimes months) at a time without chipping or peeling off your nails.
- Mermaid tales Jamberry nail polish can make you feel like a mermaid! There are so many fun styles to choose from that will turn your fingers into little works of art!
- Every package of Mermaid Tales Jamberry nail polish comes complete with step-by-step instructions on how to apply the beautiful color to your nails yourself – including easy application tips and tricks!
- If you’re looking for the perfect gift for someone who’s hard to shop for, you can always purchase one of Mermaid Tales Jamberry nail polishes in their favorite color!
- The mermaid tails included with every set of Mermaid Tales Jamberry nail polish are way better than anything Disney could come up with (in our opinion)! They offer soft fleece lining inside the tail and are available in baby sizes or adult sizes depending on what suits you best!
They’re not just for kids anymore: Mermaids have taken the world by storm, and now they’re available in nail polish form!
Mermaid Tales Jamberry Nail Polishes are perfect for anyone with a taste for adventure—whether they’re heading out to sea or not. Whether you’re playing pirate or mermaid, these nail polishes make sure that your nails are always the perfect match for your mood.
There are 12 shades to choose from, so you can find a color that matches your style and mood perfectly. But before you get swept up in the craze, be sure you know the facts—because these nail polishes are just as beautiful as they are dangerous.
So what are you waiting for? Browse our selection and find the perfect match for your little one or yourself!