How to use nail forms? Let me tell you, using nail forms is like unlocking the secret to the perfect sculpted nails! With these incredible forms, you can easily create the most beautiful, strong and durable nails with ease. As a nail technician, I can attest to the power of these forms, they are a must-have in every nail artist’s toolkit! They allow you to be incredibly creative, experiment with different nail shapes, and bring your nail art game to the next level. Trust me, once you start using nail forms, you’ll never go back to traditional tips again!
- What To Know About Nail Forms?
- Advantages of using nail forms
- How To Use Nail Forms?
- 10 Tips to Use Nail Forms Like A Pro
- Final Word
What To Know About Nail Forms?
Nail forms are essential tools for achieving those perfect sculpted nails that we all dream of. With the right knowledge and expertise, nail forms can be used to create stunning nail designs that are sure to turn heads.
Choosing the right nail forms can make all the difference in achieving a stunning nail art design. When selecting nail forms, consider factors such as the shape and size of your natural nails, the desired shape and length of your artificial nails, and the type of application method you plan to use (such as acrylic or gel). Look for high-quality, durable forms that offer flexibility and ease of use.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different shapes and sizes to find the perfect fit for your nail art creations!
Advantages of using nail forms
- Customizable: Nail forms can be adjusted to fit the unique shape and size of each nail, allowing for a more personalized and natural look.
- Stronger nails: Nail forms allow for the creation of stronger and more durable nails than traditional tips. This is because the acrylic or gel is applied directly to the natural nail, rather than glued on top of a plastic tip.
- Better for damaged nails: If a client has damaged or weak nails, nail forms can be used to provide additional support and protection during the application of acrylic or gel.
- Easier to apply: Some nail technicians find that using nail forms is easier and faster than using tips. This is because the form provides a guide for the application of the acrylic or gel, making it easier to achieve the desired shape and length.
- Cost-effective: While nail forms may have a higher initial cost than tips, they can be reused multiple times, making them a cost-effective option in the long run.
How To Use Nail Forms?
Step 1: Prepping Your Nails
Are you ready to achieve gorgeous sculpted nails that will leave everyone in awe?
- Well, the first step is to make sure your nails are prepped and ready to go! Start by giving your nails a good cleaning and drying them off.
- Next, push back your cuticles gently to make sure the nail bed is clean and ready for application.
- Don’t forget to buff the surface of your nails to remove any oils or debris that may hinder the adherence of your nail forms.
With clean and prepped nails, you’re one step closer to creating stunning nail art designs that will turn heads and leave a lasting impression!
Step 2. Applying Nail Forms
Congratulations on making it to Step 2 of your journey to achieving flawless sculpted nails!
Now it’s time to take your nails to the next level by applying Nail Forms.
First, remove the backing from the Nail Form and hold it up to your nail. Marvel at the precision and intricacy of the form’s design as you adjust it to fit the size and shape of your nail bed.
Once you have the perfect fit, securely fasten the form at the base of your nail. Your nails are one step closer to being a masterpiece!
Step 3. Applying Acrylic
Let’s talk about the exciting part, applying the acrylic! It’s time to unleash your inner artist and start creating those jaw-dropping sculpted nails.
Begin by applying a small amount of acrylic to your brush and then gently dab it into the acrylic powder.
Once you have the right amount of product on your brush, start applying the acrylic to the nail form, spreading it evenly to create the desired shape and thickness.
Keep repeating this process until you’ve achieved the perfect sculpted nail. Remember to let the acrylic dry completely before removing the nail form to avoid ruining your masterpiece.
Step 4. Shaping the Nail
Congratulations! You’ve got a sculpted nail now! Now, it’s time to shape it to perfection.
Take out that nail file and start shaping it to the length and shape of your choice. With the power of shaping, you can create stunning stiletto nails or trendy coffin nails. And guess what? It’s okay if you’re not a pro at shaping nails.
Practice makes perfect, and we’re sure you’ll be an expert in no time! With a little bit of effort and patience, you can create a smooth and sleek finish, free from any lumps or bumps. Get ready to show off your gorgeous, professionally shaped nails!
Step 5: Finishing Touches
Now that you have perfectly sculpted and shaped nails, it’s time to add the finishing touches that will make them stand out! Start by buffing the surface of the nail to create a smooth and even base for your nail polish. Then, apply a base coat to protect your nails and make your nail polish last longer.
Choose your favorite nail polish color, and apply it carefully to each nail. Finally, seal your nail polish with a topcoat for a glossy finish and extra protection against chips and cracks. And there you have it – beautiful, professional-looking nails that you can be proud of!
Explore more: Do you need nails to finger pick?
10 Tips to Use Nail Forms Like A Pro
- Make sure your nails are completely dry before you begin.
- Use a cuticle pusher to gently push back your cuticles and create a clean nail bed.
- Choose a nail form that fits your nail bed perfectly for the best results.
- Make sure to press the form firmly against your nail to prevent any gaps.
- Apply the acrylic in thin layers to avoid air bubbles and to create a more natural look.
- Take your time and be patient when shaping the acrylic. It’s better to go slow and get it right than to rush and end up with a wonky nail.
- Always use a high-quality nail file to shape and buff your acrylic nails.
- After shaping your nails, apply a topcoat to seal in the color and protect the nails.
- Practice, practice, practice! Like any skill, using nail forms takes time and practice to master.
- Have fun and experiment with different colors and designs to create stunning nail art.
Do nail forms go under the nail?
No, nail forms do not go under the nail. They are used to create a temporary extension of the natural nail by fitting under the free edge of the nail and creating a base for the artificial material to adhere to. The nail form should be snugly attached to the natural nail, but not placed underneath it.
Is it better to use tips or forms?
Both tips and forms have their advantages and disadvantages, so it ultimately depends on personal preference and the type of nail design you are trying to achieve. Tips can be easier to apply for beginners and require less skill to apply, while forms offer more flexibility and can be used to create more intricate shapes and designs. Forms also allow for a more natural-looking nail extension since they conform to the unique shape of the natural nail. Ultimately, it’s up to the individual to decide which method works best for them.
In conclusion, nail forms are an essential tool in achieving those beautiful sculpted nails. By following the steps outlined above and keeping in mind the tips and tricks we’ve shared, you can easily learn how to use nail forms and create stunning nail art designs. Whether you’re a seasoned nail tech or a beginner, nail forms can help you achieve the desired shape and length of your nails. So why wait? Get your hands on some nail forms today and start creating your next masterpiece. For more tips and inspiration on nail art, be sure to check out Mas Nail Art blog.