What’s cooler than being a pirate? Being a pirate with fabulous nails. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to get the perfect pirate-inspired nail art for your next rave or holiday party. With only a few supplies and steps, these easy DIY pirate nails will make you feel like you’re swashbuckling across the seven seas.
Looking lovely has never been so easy!
Best Easy Pirate Nails Ideas
What You Need
- Nail polish in red, gold, and green
- A clear nail polish
- Nail art brush (optional)
- Squeegee (optional)
There are a few simple steps to create these easy DIY pirate nails.
- Paint your nails black and let dry.
- Add green polish on the tips of your fingers and paint over with green glitter polish
- Draw a skull and crossbones on one hand with a thin brush or nail art pen
- Add white dots around your nails by dipping your brush in the white polish and tapping off the excess, then dabbing the brush on your nails
- Add blood splatter with hypoallergenic makeup (or red nail polish) and let dry
Prep your nails
Before you can get to the fun part of drawing on a pirate, you’ll need to prep your nails. This means trimming them and filing the edges into a round shape.
It’s best to start with shorter nails, as they are easier to work with. Use an emery board or nail file to round the corners and keep them smooth.
Paint your nails red
If you’re looking for quick and easy pirate nail art, start with red nails. All you need is a red polish and you’re good to go!
To paint your nails, apply two coats of polish and allow each coat to dry before proceeding to the next step.
Draw a line down the middle of your nail
The first step in getting your pirate nail art is to paint the two halves of your nail. You can use any color you are feeling—or have on hand.
You’ll want to do one half with a clear top coat and the other with a darker, textured polish. This gives you an easy way to create two different textures, which will give your pirate nails that sandy feel of being on the beach.
Add a skull and crossbones to the right side of the line
- Go to the end of the line and make a little hook at the end.
- Make a horizontal line below the hook to form the bandanna.
- Draw both eyes with an intersecting diagonal line. Add eyebrows and pupils using small dots.
- Draw teeth using two lines on the top and bottom of each eye.
- Add a horizontal line next to each eye for shading, then add some vertical lines in between for detail. Fill in any remaining space with horizontal lines.
Draw a treasure chest to the left side of the line.
“Pirate nails are the perfect way to dress up for any pirate-themed event, but you don’t always want to go overboard with your nail art. You can create a treasure chest to give your nails a subtle pirate feel.”